ViaWest Data Centers Tap GE Critical Power
Data center provider ViaWest has selected GE Critical Power’s electrical distribution systems to power several of its locations.
ViaWest is deploying GE’s electrical distribution systems at its Lone Mountain, Tier IV design-certified data center in Las Vegas; the Cornell data center in Denver; the Synergy Park data center in Dallas and two new data centers under construction in Denver and Minneapolis.
GE’s electrical distribution systems, which include substation distribution equipment, switchboards, panelboards, transformers and power switching equipment, meet ViaWest’s needs for guaranteed uptime, redundancy and fault tolerance, the company says.
ViaWest’s newest Las Vegas-area data center, Lone Mountain, has an adaptable mesh electrical design powered by two independent medium-voltage utility feeds serving more than 74,000 square feet of raised-floor data center space. Independent electrical paths and compartmentalization ensure that power is not compromised. Lone Mountain’s fully redundant cooling plant features 3,000 tons of fault-tolerant capacity and 100 percent redundant continuous cooling to the raised floor in a hot aisle/cold aisle configuration.
GE Critical Power, which launched in March, aims to help data centers, hospitals, telecommunication networks and other facilities reduce energy consumption and keep electricity flowing to equipment during power disturbances and outages.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards