Video Shows Solar Panels on White House
The White House released a video highlighting the installation of solar panels on the roof of the residence.
Every aspect of the White House solar installation was domestically sourced – from the solar components to the inverter technology to the labor that put the panels on the roof.
Last week, President Obama visited a Walmart in Mountain View, Calif., to highlight the importance of advancing solar power, renewable energy and energy efficiency. During the President’s visit, he announced new efforts, including commitments from more than 300 organizations to expand the use of solar energy.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement