Vieste Hires Firm to Design 100% Renewable Energy Data Centers
Vieste Energy engaged Environmental Systems Design (ESD) to perform design services for a portfolio of 10-12 data centers that will be run on 100 percent renewable energy. Vieste declined to name its client, but said the first site is in Phoenix.
These data center facilities will be supported by the co-development of 8-15 MW of power generated from gasification based waste-to-energy facilities. The power will be produced from a turbine generator that feeds the facility; the turbine to run off of methane from a nearby landfill, according to a spokesman for Vieste. The power system will also produce chilled water for use in the data centers.
This portfolio of renewable energy power generation facilities coupled with environmentally friendly solid waste management creates a very low PUE and a negative carbon footprint.
The first phase of this portfolio power development is funded and under way, according to Vieste.
Photo courtesy of ESD: Artist’s rendering of prototype Vieste facility
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement