Vigilent Develops Software To Track Data Center Cooling
Vigilent has expanded its Intelligent Energy Management system with a suite of tools for data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
The software can help companies figure out where their cold and hot spots are, how well energy efficiency measures are working and how much energy their data centers are saving.
Having access to this information at a glance will help information technology managers optimize their cooling systems and improve the safety of their IT infrastructure, Vigilent says.
The company says its Intelligent Energy Management system now employs analytics to evaluate and present information on cooling system performance and health. The software can assist with utility rebate reporting while helping data center managers make adjustments as needed., Using the tool, on-site data center managers can assess how critical a hot spot is, if a cooling unit is working poorly compared to others, how much energy savings plug-in fans deliver and if rearranging floor tiles will improve room temperature.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement