Vigilent Develops Software To Track Data Center Cooling
Vigilent has expanded its Intelligent Energy Management system with a suite of tools for data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
The software can help companies figure out where their cold and hot spots are, how well energy efficiency measures are working and how much energy their data centers are saving.
Having access to this information at a glance will help information technology managers optimize their cooling systems and improve the safety of their IT infrastructure, Vigilent says.
The company says its Intelligent Energy Management system now employs analytics to evaluate and present information on cooling system performance and health. The software can assist with utility rebate reporting while helping data center managers make adjustments as needed., Using the tool, on-site data center managers can assess how critical a hot spot is, if a cooling unit is working poorly compared to others, how much energy savings plug-in fans deliver and if rearranging floor tiles will improve room temperature.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Combined Heat and Power
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity