Vigilent Develops Software To Track Data Center Cooling
Vigilent has expanded its Intelligent Energy Management system with a suite of tools for data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
The software can help companies figure out where their cold and hot spots are, how well energy efficiency measures are working and how much energy their data centers are saving.
Having access to this information at a glance will help information technology managers optimize their cooling systems and improve the safety of their IT infrastructure, Vigilent says.
The company says its Intelligent Energy Management system now employs analytics to evaluate and present information on cooling system performance and health. The software can assist with utility rebate reporting while helping data center managers make adjustments as needed., Using the tool, on-site data center managers can assess how critical a hot spot is, if a cooling unit is working poorly compared to others, how much energy savings plug-in fans deliver and if rearranging floor tiles will improve room temperature.
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy