Vigilent Expands Dynamic Cooling Management for Mixed-Use Facilities
Vigilent rolled out version 6 of its Dynamic Cooling Management system for HVAC, suitable not only for data centers but also other types of facilities, including office space.
Version 6 of the system adds building-specific thermal control functions. Vigilent says many of its telecom customers have large portfolios of mixed-use buildings in a constant tug-of-war between the heating and cooling requirements of evolving technology on one hand and retrofitted legacy equipment on the other.
With version 6, wireless sensors deployed throughout a facility continually monitor the thermal environment. Building control can be configured separately within the Vigilent system to manage building-specific requirements, such as zone monitoring (in addition to the rack inlet monitoring offered in the data center configuration) and direct HVAC control (in addition to CRAC or CRAH control), within a single interface. As with its data center configuration, Vigilent building controls and resulting data can integrate with and be used as an intelligent layer for a building management system, or as a standalone system to fully control electricity and chilled water operations for building heating and cooling.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement