Vigilent Expands Dynamic Cooling Management for Mixed-Use Facilities
Vigilent rolled out version 6 of its Dynamic Cooling Management system for HVAC, suitable not only for data centers but also other types of facilities, including office space.
Version 6 of the system adds building-specific thermal control functions. Vigilent says many of its telecom customers have large portfolios of mixed-use buildings in a constant tug-of-war between the heating and cooling requirements of evolving technology on one hand and retrofitted legacy equipment on the other.
With version 6, wireless sensors deployed throughout a facility continually monitor the thermal environment. Building control can be configured separately within the Vigilent system to manage building-specific requirements, such as zone monitoring (in addition to the rack inlet monitoring offered in the data center configuration) and direct HVAC control (in addition to CRAC or CRAH control), within a single interface. As with its data center configuration, Vigilent building controls and resulting data can integrate with and be used as an intelligent layer for a building management system, or as a standalone system to fully control electricity and chilled water operations for building heating and cooling.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?