Vigilent, Siemens Addressing Data Centers
Vigilent and Siemens have entered a reseller partnership in North America. Vigilent will provide its Dynamic Cooling Management System and Siemens will contribute its Demand Flow technology, the press release says.
The companies’ combined platfform will offer thermal optimization technology aimed at data center cooling in a facility’s chiller plant and “white space,” which is the space allocated for information technology equipment. The goal is to help deal with shifting loads, uneven server densities and changes in facility configuration.
The Demand Flow technology alone can cut energy consumption by half, the press release says. There is no estimate of the total reductions of the combined system.
Siemens is no stranger to energy efficiency. In June, Pioneering Technology Corp. and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens said that they are working to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs for the Houston Housing Authority.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management