Vigilent, Siemens Addressing Data Centers
Vigilent and Siemens have entered a reseller partnership in North America. Vigilent will provide its Dynamic Cooling Management System and Siemens will contribute its Demand Flow technology, the press release says.
The companies’ combined platfform will offer thermal optimization technology aimed at data center cooling in a facility’s chiller plant and “white space,” which is the space allocated for information technology equipment. The goal is to help deal with shifting loads, uneven server densities and changes in facility configuration.
The Demand Flow technology alone can cut energy consumption by half, the press release says. There is no estimate of the total reductions of the combined system.
Siemens is no stranger to energy efficiency. In June, Pioneering Technology Corp. and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens said that they are working to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs for the Houston Housing Authority.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution