Virginia College Buys Carbon Offsets for Natural Gas Usage
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is matching 35 percent of its natural gas usage with Washington Gas Energy Services CleanSteps Carbon Offsets.
The offsets support independently verified local carbon-reduction projects in the areas of efficient transportation and landfill gas capture and destruction. The carbon-reduction projects have environmental benefits for the region, such as improved air and water quality.
Through WGES’ partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, a portion of all offset purchases supports the Carbon Reduction Fund, which is used to develop future clean air and water projects, such as tree plantings, throughout the Chesapeake Bay region.
NOVA enrolls more than 75,000 students at its six campuses.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers