Virtus Achieves PUE Below 1.2 at London Data Center
Virtus Data Centres has deployed Excool’s indirect air-cooling technology at its LONDON2 data center in Hayes. Coupled with Virtus’ energy-efficiency measures, the data center has achieved a site power usage effectiveness (PUE) below 1.2.
Using Excool, VIRTUS will be able to minimize the amount of energy required to run its cooling system and maximize the amount of IT power available to customers.
Excool deployments are modular, enabling Virtus to roll out additional cooling units in direct proportion to the number of racks and cabinets customers purchase and achieve a low PUE much earlier on in the data centers’ operational cycle. Excool uses indirect adiabatic and evaporative cooling technology, adding moisture to outdoor air to cool the data center. Advanced indirect “air to air” heat exchange techniques ensure the external and internal data center atmospheres never meet, safeguarding against contamination.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management