Virtus Achieves PUE Below 1.2 at London Data Center
Virtus Data Centres has deployed Excool’s indirect air-cooling technology at its LONDON2 data center in Hayes. Coupled with Virtus’ energy-efficiency measures, the data center has achieved a site power usage effectiveness (PUE) below 1.2.
Using Excool, VIRTUS will be able to minimize the amount of energy required to run its cooling system and maximize the amount of IT power available to customers.
Excool deployments are modular, enabling Virtus to roll out additional cooling units in direct proportion to the number of racks and cabinets customers purchase and achieve a low PUE much earlier on in the data centers’ operational cycle. Excool uses indirect adiabatic and evaporative cooling technology, adding moisture to outdoor air to cool the data center. Advanced indirect “air to air” heat exchange techniques ensure the external and internal data center atmospheres never meet, safeguarding against contamination.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Combined Heat and Power