Virtus Achieves PUE Below 1.2 at London Data Center
Virtus Data Centres has deployed Excool’s indirect air-cooling technology at its LONDON2 data center in Hayes. Coupled with Virtus’ energy-efficiency measures, the data center has achieved a site power usage effectiveness (PUE) below 1.2.
Using Excool, VIRTUS will be able to minimize the amount of energy required to run its cooling system and maximize the amount of IT power available to customers.
Excool deployments are modular, enabling Virtus to roll out additional cooling units in direct proportion to the number of racks and cabinets customers purchase and achieve a low PUE much earlier on in the data centers’ operational cycle. Excool uses indirect adiabatic and evaporative cooling technology, adding moisture to outdoor air to cool the data center. Advanced indirect “air to air” heat exchange techniques ensure the external and internal data center atmospheres never meet, safeguarding against contamination.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends