Virtus Achieves PUE Below 1.2 at London Data Center
Virtus Data Centres has deployed Excool’s indirect air-cooling technology at its LONDON2 data center in Hayes. Coupled with Virtus’ energy-efficiency measures, the data center has achieved a site power usage effectiveness (PUE) below 1.2.
Using Excool, VIRTUS will be able to minimize the amount of energy required to run its cooling system and maximize the amount of IT power available to customers.
Excool deployments are modular, enabling Virtus to roll out additional cooling units in direct proportion to the number of racks and cabinets customers purchase and achieve a low PUE much earlier on in the data centers’ operational cycle. Excool uses indirect adiabatic and evaporative cooling technology, adding moisture to outdoor air to cool the data center. Advanced indirect “air to air” heat exchange techniques ensure the external and internal data center atmospheres never meet, safeguarding against contamination.
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ Security
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement