Vitamin Cottage Saves $193,000 Per Year with LED Lights
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage incorporated all-LED lighting in its distribution center and new grocery stores. The LED lighting is expected to reduce Natural Grocers’ energy usage by more than 1.7 million kWh across 40 locations and its distribution center, saving the grocer nearly $193,000 each year.
The company installed GE’s Albeo LED linear lighting fixtures and LED high bay lighting fixtures. GE customized the mounting scheme by configuring different lengths of the Albeo ALC3-Series LED lighting fixtures to fit a variety of store formats and lighting layouts.
At the distribution center, Natural Grocers replaced metal halides with 157-watt Albeo ABHX-Series LED high bay lighting fixtures with motion controls, providing a 93 percent energy savings.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement