Vitamin Cottage Saves $193,000 Per Year with LED Lights
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage incorporated all-LED lighting in its distribution center and new grocery stores. The LED lighting is expected to reduce Natural Grocers’ energy usage by more than 1.7 million kWh across 40 locations and its distribution center, saving the grocer nearly $193,000 each year.
The company installed GE’s Albeo LED linear lighting fixtures and LED high bay lighting fixtures. GE customized the mounting scheme by configuring different lengths of the Albeo ALC3-Series LED lighting fixtures to fit a variety of store formats and lighting layouts.
At the distribution center, Natural Grocers replaced metal halides with 157-watt Albeo ABHX-Series LED high bay lighting fixtures with motion controls, providing a 93 percent energy savings.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies