Vitamin Cottage Saves $193,000 Per Year with LED Lights
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage incorporated all-LED lighting in its distribution center and new grocery stores. The LED lighting is expected to reduce Natural Grocers’ energy usage by more than 1.7 million kWh across 40 locations and its distribution center, saving the grocer nearly $193,000 each year.
The company installed GE’s Albeo LED linear lighting fixtures and LED high bay lighting fixtures. GE customized the mounting scheme by configuring different lengths of the Albeo ALC3-Series LED lighting fixtures to fit a variety of store formats and lighting layouts.
At the distribution center, Natural Grocers replaced metal halides with 157-watt Albeo ABHX-Series LED high bay lighting fixtures with motion controls, providing a 93 percent energy savings.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management