Vitamin Cottage Saves $193,000 Per Year with LED Lights
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage incorporated all-LED lighting in its distribution center and new grocery stores. The LED lighting is expected to reduce Natural Grocers’ energy usage by more than 1.7 million kWh across 40 locations and its distribution center, saving the grocer nearly $193,000 each year.
The company installed GE’s Albeo LED linear lighting fixtures and LED high bay lighting fixtures. GE customized the mounting scheme by configuring different lengths of the Albeo ALC3-Series LED lighting fixtures to fit a variety of store formats and lighting layouts.
At the distribution center, Natural Grocers replaced metal halides with 157-watt Albeo ABHX-Series LED high bay lighting fixtures with motion controls, providing a 93 percent energy savings.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement