Vitamin Cottage Saves $193,000 Per Year with LED Lights
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage incorporated all-LED lighting in its distribution center and new grocery stores. The LED lighting is expected to reduce Natural Grocers’ energy usage by more than 1.7 million kWh across 40 locations and its distribution center, saving the grocer nearly $193,000 each year.
The company installed GE’s Albeo LED linear lighting fixtures and LED high bay lighting fixtures. GE customized the mounting scheme by configuring different lengths of the Albeo ALC3-Series LED lighting fixtures to fit a variety of store formats and lighting layouts.
At the distribution center, Natural Grocers replaced metal halides with 157-watt Albeo ABHX-Series LED high bay lighting fixtures with motion controls, providing a 93 percent energy savings.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles