Volkswagen Recognizes Most Energy Efficient Plants
More than 350 energy experts from among 21 Volkswagen plants attended the car maker’s “Think Blue Factory” annual meeting held in Wolfsburg, Germany. The company honored the best solutions in reduction of energy consumption at Volkswagen production plants.
At the end of 2011, all Volkswagen plants decided to reduce energy and water consumption and CO2 emissions on each vehicle by as much as 25 percent by the year 2018. This program – Think Blue Factory – directs each plant to develop its own plan for achieving these targets.
Energy efficiency awards for the lowest energy consumption were awarded to VW plants in Pamplona, Spain and Polkowice, Poland. For best performance and highest reduction in energy consumption compared to previous year’s figures the awards were given to the Polkowice, Poland and Pune, India plants and also to the plastic parts production unit at Wolfsburg.
The special personal commitment of the Volkswagen team was also honored. Employees from the Brunswick, Hanover and Wolfsburg plants were presented with the 2012 Employees’ Award for special ideas in the area of energy savings at the workplace.
VW energy experts reported on measures that had been successfully implemented to reduce the use of resources. For example, the Kassel plant reported on an energy-efficient internal lining for hardening furnaces in component production. The components plant at Brunswick presented an innovative high-temperature filter in the field of plastics technology, and the Emden plant reported on the world’s largest geothermal energy facility located directly on the North Sea coast.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management