Volkswagen Recognizes Most Energy Efficient Plants
More than 350 energy experts from among 21 Volkswagen plants attended the car maker’s “Think Blue Factory” annual meeting held in Wolfsburg, Germany. The company honored the best solutions in reduction of energy consumption at Volkswagen production plants.
At the end of 2011, all Volkswagen plants decided to reduce energy and water consumption and CO2 emissions on each vehicle by as much as 25 percent by the year 2018. This program – Think Blue Factory – directs each plant to develop its own plan for achieving these targets.
Energy efficiency awards for the lowest energy consumption were awarded to VW plants in Pamplona, Spain and Polkowice, Poland. For best performance and highest reduction in energy consumption compared to previous year’s figures the awards were given to the Polkowice, Poland and Pune, India plants and also to the plastic parts production unit at Wolfsburg.
The special personal commitment of the Volkswagen team was also honored. Employees from the Brunswick, Hanover and Wolfsburg plants were presented with the 2012 Employees’ Award for special ideas in the area of energy savings at the workplace.
VW energy experts reported on measures that had been successfully implemented to reduce the use of resources. For example, the Kassel plant reported on an energy-efficient internal lining for hardening furnaces in component production. The components plant at Brunswick presented an innovative high-temperature filter in the field of plastics technology, and the Emden plant reported on the world’s largest geothermal energy facility located directly on the North Sea coast.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems