Volvo Truck Plant Saves $1.2M in Energy Costs
The Department of Energy recognized Volvo Group North America for its leadership in energy efficiency at the New River Valley assembly plant near Roanoke, Va. Volvo Trucks’ New River Valley assembly plant is the company’s largest truck manufacturing plant in the world, covering more than 1.6 million square feet.
At the plant, energy efficiency has become part of the facility’s core business practices, with an energy team member reviewing and approving every purchase made by the plant. Volvo also asked employees to suggest energy efficiency projects and has committed to reinvesting the savings from these projects – about $1.2 million to date – into future efficiency efforts.
In 2012, the New River Valley facility was one of the first facilities in the US to be certified under DOE’s Superior Energy Performance program for facilities. New River Valley achieved a 26 percent improvement in energy efficiency in three years. As a partner in the Better Buildings Industrial Superior Energy Performance Accelerator, the Volvo Group is now implementing the Superior Energy Performance program at facilities nationwide.
As a Better Buildings, Better Plants partner, the Volvo Group has already achieved 16 percent savings across its US plants and continues working toward its goal of becoming 25 percent more energy efficient within ten years.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- BuildingIQ Security
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement