Wal-Mart Installs 3.3 MW Solar System
Wal-Mart has announced its largest solar installation to date: a 3.3 MW system atop the Buckeye distribution center (pictured) near Phoenix, Ariz., with more than 14,000 solar panels on a 1,000,000-square-foot building and parking canopies.
The company said the parking canopies will produce up to 30 percent of the center’s energy needs, and will generate up to 5.3 million kWh of energy per year.
Walmart has 65,000 kW of installed capacity, according to a report published this week by the Solar Energy Industries Association and the Vote Solar Initiative, and is the no. 1 corporate solar user in terms of on-site capacity.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation