Wal-Mart Installs 3.3 MW Solar System
Wal-Mart has announced its largest solar installation to date: a 3.3 MW system atop the Buckeye distribution center (pictured) near Phoenix, Ariz., with more than 14,000 solar panels on a 1,000,000-square-foot building and parking canopies.
The company said the parking canopies will produce up to 30 percent of the center’s energy needs, and will generate up to 5.3 million kWh of energy per year.
Walmart has 65,000 kW of installed capacity, according to a report published this week by the Solar Energy Industries Association and the Vote Solar Initiative, and is the no. 1 corporate solar user in terms of on-site capacity.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement