Walgreens Installs Cree LED Lighting
The store is equipped with LED downlights, troffers designed to last 100,000 hours and linear luminaries, which are dimmable for additional energy management. The LED lighting
LED lighting will be rolled out to all of Walgreens new stores moving forward because of the success at the Goodyear location, according the Jamie Meyers, manager of sustainability at the retailer.
Earlier this year, Cree introduced a linear LED designed to replace the millions of fluorescent strip, wrap and industrial fixtures currently installed in North America.
The LED comes with multiple mounting options and lumen packages and can reduce energy consumption by more than 25 percent (calculated against a fluorescent two-lamp fixture – with lamp and ballast equal to 55 system watts – and based on typical commercial usage of 12 hours per day and $0.11 per kWh electric costs).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash