Walgreens Installs Cree LED Lighting
The store is equipped with LED downlights, troffers designed to last 100,000 hours and linear luminaries, which are dimmable for additional energy management. The LED lighting
LED lighting will be rolled out to all of Walgreens new stores moving forward because of the success at the Goodyear location, according the Jamie Meyers, manager of sustainability at the retailer.
Earlier this year, Cree introduced a linear LED designed to replace the millions of fluorescent strip, wrap and industrial fixtures currently installed in North America.
The LED comes with multiple mounting options and lumen packages and can reduce energy consumption by more than 25 percent (calculated against a fluorescent two-lamp fixture – with lamp and ballast equal to 55 system watts – and based on typical commercial usage of 12 hours per day and $0.11 per kWh electric costs).
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement