Walmart, Apple Lead On-Site Renewables Challenge
Walmart, Apple and the US Department of Energy are the top three on-site renewable power users, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency’s list of Green Power Partners. Coca-Cola and General Motors round out the top five.
As of October 26, 307 organizations have joined the EPA’s Green Power Partnership, using a total of more than 1.1 billion kWh of on-site renewable power.
The Partnership tracks all Partners’ annual combined on-site renewable energy use and updates the Top Partner lists on a quarterly basis. Since releasing the July Top Partner list, Partner organizations’ use of on-site renewable energy has increased by almost 30 million kWh.
The Green Power Partnership launched the On-Site Renewables Challenge in 2014 with the goal of doubling the use of on-site green power by Green Power Partners by the end of the decade.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future