Walmart Canada Deploys More Plug Power Fuel Cell Units
Walmart Canada is expanding its contract with Plug Power, which will now provide 124 GenDrive fuel cells for Walmart’s new High Velocity Distribution Center in Balzac, Alberta, Canada. This expansion adds to the fleet in operation since 2010 at Walmart’s Perishable Distribution Center in Balzac and brings the GenDrive total upwards of 230 units at the site.
Walmart Canada will also receive a GenFuel infrastructure to support the Balzac distribution center. Plug Power’s proprietary GenFuel system provides diagnostics to help customers monitor fleet fueling and operational metrics. This GenFuel system will support two buildings – the new High Velocity Distribution Center and the existing Perishable Distribution Center. This is Plug Power’s first GenFuel installation in Canada.
In the United States, Plug Power has deployed more than 1,800 GenDrive units for Walmart since their relationship began in 2007. By the end of the second quarter, Walmart will be using Plug Power hydrogen fuel cells in eight distribution centers, all of which are utilizing Plug Power’s GenFuel system.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Combined Heat and Power
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year