Walmart Orders More Plug Power Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Plug Power has received a follow-on purchase order from Walmart to add an additional, seventh, GenKey site to the original six-site contract it announced in February 2014. The additional site in Sterling, Ill., consists of 286 GenDrive fuel cell units and is planned to deploy in the third quarter of 2014.
Plug Power‘s hydrogen fuel cell system combines GenDrive fuel cell units, GenFuel infrastructure construction and hydrogen fuel supply and GenCare onsite maintenance service.
GenDrive fuel cell units are currently powering electric lift truck fleets at four Walmart distribution centers in North America – consisting of two sites in Canada and two sites in the USA. The first of the US sites, in Pottsville, Penn., was brought online during the second quarter of 2014.
Walmart’s second US GenKey site, located in Johnstown, NY, is in the final stages of deployment, and is already supported by an on-site GenFuel hydrogen infrastructure.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions