Walmart Places Big Fuel Cell Order
Plug Power has revealed that Walmart placed a multi-site GenKey purchase order. Walmart Stores will roll out Plug Power’s hydrogen fuel cells for electric lift truck fleets at six of its North America distribution centers. The first of six sites will be deployed by the second quarter of 2014.
Further purchase order terms for the multi-site order include:
• Total of 1,738 GenDrive fuel cell units, to be deployed over two years
• GenFuel infrastructure construction and hydrogen fuel supply
• Six-year GenCare service contract for each site
GenDrive hydrogen fuel cells allow workers to spend less time fueling a forklift truck as compared to changing a lead-acid battery, and fuel cells also have no exhaust emissions.
The agreement is a tripling of Walmart’s commitment to Plug Power’s fuel cells. Walmart currently has 535 GenDrive fuel cell units in operation at sustainable refrigerated distribution centers: Specifically, Walmart’s Balzac, Canada, fresh food distribution center; and the Walmart Washington Courthouse distribution center in Ohio.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape