Walmart Places Big Fuel Cell Order
Plug Power has revealed that Walmart placed a multi-site GenKey purchase order. Walmart Stores will roll out Plug Power’s hydrogen fuel cells for electric lift truck fleets at six of its North America distribution centers. The first of six sites will be deployed by the second quarter of 2014.
Further purchase order terms for the multi-site order include:
• Total of 1,738 GenDrive fuel cell units, to be deployed over two years
• GenFuel infrastructure construction and hydrogen fuel supply
• Six-year GenCare service contract for each site
GenDrive hydrogen fuel cells allow workers to spend less time fueling a forklift truck as compared to changing a lead-acid battery, and fuel cells also have no exhaust emissions.
The agreement is a tripling of Walmart’s commitment to Plug Power’s fuel cells. Walmart currently has 535 GenDrive fuel cell units in operation at sustainable refrigerated distribution centers: Specifically, Walmart’s Balzac, Canada, fresh food distribution center; and the Walmart Washington Courthouse distribution center in Ohio.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management