Walmart Places Big Fuel Cell Order
Plug Power has revealed that Walmart placed a multi-site GenKey purchase order. Walmart Stores will roll out Plug Power’s hydrogen fuel cells for electric lift truck fleets at six of its North America distribution centers. The first of six sites will be deployed by the second quarter of 2014.
Further purchase order terms for the multi-site order include:
• Total of 1,738 GenDrive fuel cell units, to be deployed over two years
• GenFuel infrastructure construction and hydrogen fuel supply
• Six-year GenCare service contract for each site
GenDrive hydrogen fuel cells allow workers to spend less time fueling a forklift truck as compared to changing a lead-acid battery, and fuel cells also have no exhaust emissions.
The agreement is a tripling of Walmart’s commitment to Plug Power’s fuel cells. Walmart currently has 535 GenDrive fuel cell units in operation at sustainable refrigerated distribution centers: Specifically, Walmart’s Balzac, Canada, fresh food distribution center; and the Walmart Washington Courthouse distribution center in Ohio.
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ Security
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement