Walmart Sells LEDs for Less Than $10
Walmart launched a Great Value line of LED lightbulbs for less than $10 in all of its US stores.
The Great Value line includes 26 LED lightbulb types, including a non-dimmable 60-watt equivalent LED that will retail for $8.88; a dimmable 60-watt equivalent LED for $9.88; an indoor flood non-dimmable 65-watt equivalent LED for $14.88; and an indoor flood dimmable 65-watt equivalent for $15.88.
The LED packaging helps consumers switch to LED by clearly outlining wattage equivalency, estimated energy cost savings and incandescent cost comparisons on the front of the package.
Walmart will also offer a new, dimmable 60-watt equivalent General Electric (GE) LED lightbulb for less than $11.
Improving energy efficiency is an integral component of Walmart’s overall sustainability goals. The company began using LED freezer case lighting in 2005 to reduce energy consumption, and Walmart has also incorporated LEDs into its parking lot and sales floor lighting in nearly all of its global markets.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide