Walmart Sells LEDs for Less Than $10
Walmart launched a Great Value line of LED lightbulbs for less than $10 in all of its US stores.
The Great Value line includes 26 LED lightbulb types, including a non-dimmable 60-watt equivalent LED that will retail for $8.88; a dimmable 60-watt equivalent LED for $9.88; an indoor flood non-dimmable 65-watt equivalent LED for $14.88; and an indoor flood dimmable 65-watt equivalent for $15.88.
The LED packaging helps consumers switch to LED by clearly outlining wattage equivalency, estimated energy cost savings and incandescent cost comparisons on the front of the package.
Walmart will also offer a new, dimmable 60-watt equivalent General Electric (GE) LED lightbulb for less than $11.
Improving energy efficiency is an integral component of Walmart’s overall sustainability goals. The company began using LED freezer case lighting in 2005 to reduce energy consumption, and Walmart has also incorporated LEDs into its parking lot and sales floor lighting in nearly all of its global markets.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room