Wanted: Energy Managers to Develop Efficiency Roadmap
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is seeking experts on energy-efficiency issues help develop an energy-efficiency roadmap.
The private nonprofit organization is asking business leaders to join the newly launched Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC), which will assess the energy-efficiency landscape and develop a standardization roadmap and compendium, identifying gaps in existing standards, codes and conformance programs, and working to support the adoption and implementation of new standards, codes and conformance activities that will advance energy efficiency.
The EESCC will hold its inaugural plenary meeting on Jan. 22-23, 2013, at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel in Arlington, Va. The event is free with registration for all EESCC members.
Additionally, the EESCC has also begun holding regular web meetings of its five working groups (WGs), which were created under the leadership of co-chairs from the public and private sectors. These groups are:
- WG 1: Building energy and water assessment standards including diagnostic test procedures and health and safety testing.
- WG 2: Systems integration and communications encompassing communications between building automation/operation systems, equipment and the electric grid.
- WG 3: Building energy modeling, rating and labeling including whole building modeling from design to construction and rating and labeling for energy performance.
- WG 4: Evaluation, measurement and verification encompassing energy performance metrics and standardized, and portable data collection and reporting.
- WG 5: Workforce credentialing including standards for workforce training and certification programs, and workforce skills standards.
Prospective EESCC members may also participate in the initial WG web meetings.
ANSI members includes businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards developers, government agencies and consumer and labor organizations. It represents more than 125,000 companies and organizations, and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts