Wanted: Energy Managers to Develop Efficiency Roadmap
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is seeking experts on energy-efficiency issues help develop an energy-efficiency roadmap.
The private nonprofit organization is asking business leaders to join the newly launched Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC), which will assess the energy-efficiency landscape and develop a standardization roadmap and compendium, identifying gaps in existing standards, codes and conformance programs, and working to support the adoption and implementation of new standards, codes and conformance activities that will advance energy efficiency.
The EESCC will hold its inaugural plenary meeting on Jan. 22-23, 2013, at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel in Arlington, Va. The event is free with registration for all EESCC members.
Additionally, the EESCC has also begun holding regular web meetings of its five working groups (WGs), which were created under the leadership of co-chairs from the public and private sectors. These groups are:
- WG 1: Building energy and water assessment standards including diagnostic test procedures and health and safety testing.
- WG 2: Systems integration and communications encompassing communications between building automation/operation systems, equipment and the electric grid.
- WG 3: Building energy modeling, rating and labeling including whole building modeling from design to construction and rating and labeling for energy performance.
- WG 4: Evaluation, measurement and verification encompassing energy performance metrics and standardized, and portable data collection and reporting.
- WG 5: Workforce credentialing including standards for workforce training and certification programs, and workforce skills standards.
Prospective EESCC members may also participate in the initial WG web meetings.
ANSI members includes businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards developers, government agencies and consumer and labor organizations. It represents more than 125,000 companies and organizations, and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™