Wanted: Energy Managers to Develop Efficiency Roadmap
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is seeking experts on energy-efficiency issues help develop an energy-efficiency roadmap.
The private nonprofit organization is asking business leaders to join the newly launched Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC), which will assess the energy-efficiency landscape and develop a standardization roadmap and compendium, identifying gaps in existing standards, codes and conformance programs, and working to support the adoption and implementation of new standards, codes and conformance activities that will advance energy efficiency.
The EESCC will hold its inaugural plenary meeting on Jan. 22-23, 2013, at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel in Arlington, Va. The event is free with registration for all EESCC members.
Additionally, the EESCC has also begun holding regular web meetings of its five working groups (WGs), which were created under the leadership of co-chairs from the public and private sectors. These groups are:
- WG 1: Building energy and water assessment standards including diagnostic test procedures and health and safety testing.
- WG 2: Systems integration and communications encompassing communications between building automation/operation systems, equipment and the electric grid.
- WG 3: Building energy modeling, rating and labeling including whole building modeling from design to construction and rating and labeling for energy performance.
- WG 4: Evaluation, measurement and verification encompassing energy performance metrics and standardized, and portable data collection and reporting.
- WG 5: Workforce credentialing including standards for workforce training and certification programs, and workforce skills standards.
Prospective EESCC members may also participate in the initial WG web meetings.
ANSI members includes businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards developers, government agencies and consumer and labor organizations. It represents more than 125,000 companies and organizations, and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement