Washington City Saves, Drives Efficiencies with LED Streetlights
West Richmond, WA, recently replaced 1,097 streetlights with Autobahn LED luminaries from Acuity Brands, according to Equipment World. The transition enables energy use to be reduced by more than 60 percent and, according to the story, increases illumination and addresses “dark sky” conditions.
The city simultaneously installed Acuity’s ROAM wireless monitoring system that enables the city to control the timing of the light dimming. This, according to Mayor Brent Gerry, enables the city to further reduce costs.
Acuity Brands acquired the patent portfolio and all other intellectual property rights of ByteLight, a provider of indoor location software for LED lighting.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management