Washington DC Turns Analytics Into Cash
FirstFuel Software announced its Remote Building Analytics platform is being utilized by Washington DC’s Department of General Services to identify and deliver energy efficiency savings within DGS’s nearly 30 million square feet of District owned property.
The District’s Game Change initiative seeks to reduce energy use in targeted buildings by 20 percent over 20 months. Remote audits of the program’s first 25 buildings have already uncovered more than 19 million KWh of energy reduction opportunity, at a 24-percent average reduction per building using FirstFuel.
Earlier this year, the District finalized regulations that require building energy benchmarking for public buildings, and more recently launched the Build Smart DC platform to visualize building data across the city.
FirstFuel’s advanced analytics combines DGS’s interval meter data with local weather and GIS data to remotely audit opportunities across schools, office buildings and other spaces. The analysis is turned into building-specific strategies. Actions are then measured and verified by FirstFuel. All services are delivered off-site.
FirstFuel’s platform for energy use intelligence enables comprehensive commercial building savings by delivering “zero touch” analytics across the entire efficiency lifecycle. Over 60 percent of the total available savings already found by FirstFuel within the DGS building stock can be achieved through low/no-cost operational changes.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape