Washington DC Turns Analytics Into Cash
FirstFuel Software announced its Remote Building Analytics platform is being utilized by Washington DC’s Department of General Services to identify and deliver energy efficiency savings within DGS’s nearly 30 million square feet of District owned property.
The District’s Game Change initiative seeks to reduce energy use in targeted buildings by 20 percent over 20 months. Remote audits of the program’s first 25 buildings have already uncovered more than 19 million KWh of energy reduction opportunity, at a 24-percent average reduction per building using FirstFuel.
Earlier this year, the District finalized regulations that require building energy benchmarking for public buildings, and more recently launched the Build Smart DC platform to visualize building data across the city.
FirstFuel’s advanced analytics combines DGS’s interval meter data with local weather and GIS data to remotely audit opportunities across schools, office buildings and other spaces. The analysis is turned into building-specific strategies. Actions are then measured and verified by FirstFuel. All services are delivered off-site.
FirstFuel’s platform for energy use intelligence enables comprehensive commercial building savings by delivering “zero touch” analytics across the entire efficiency lifecycle. Over 60 percent of the total available savings already found by FirstFuel within the DGS building stock can be achieved through low/no-cost operational changes.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing