Washington Gas Energy Systems Works on Solar Projects in Minnesota
Washington Gas Energy Systems completed a 40 kW solar array that will produce renewable energy for Waconia High School near Minneapolis, Minn. The project is one of 13 solar arrays being completed in Minnesota in partnership with New Energy Equity, Innovative Power Systems, tenKsolar and ICS Consulting.
The roof-mounted system will be owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems under a 15-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with Waconia Public Schools. ICS Consulting managed early stage development, while New Energy Equity completed late stage development and organized financing for the project. Innovative Power Systems developed, engineered, and managed construction for the project. The solar installation, including modules, inverters and racking was manufactured by tenKsolar.
The installation is composed of 96 solar panels and is expected to produce over 54,000 kWh per year.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles