Washington Gas Sets Record Natural Gas Sendout
WGL Holdings and Washington Gas say that from 1 am on January 7 to 12:59 am on January 8, Washington Gas had a record daily sendout of 1.652 million dekatherms (dths) of natural gas, representing the total amount used by the company’s 1.1 million natural gas customers in the entire metropolitan Washington, DC, area. That level is 8,000 dths higher than the previous record date of January 16, 2009, which was during President Barack Obama’s first inauguration weekend in 2009.
This January has been so cold that a total of seven days this month have made the list of Washington Gas’ highest 25 ever natural gas usage days.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management