Washington Gas Sets Record Natural Gas Sendout
WGL Holdings and Washington Gas say that from 1 am on January 7 to 12:59 am on January 8, Washington Gas had a record daily sendout of 1.652 million dekatherms (dths) of natural gas, representing the total amount used by the company’s 1.1 million natural gas customers in the entire metropolitan Washington, DC, area. That level is 8,000 dths higher than the previous record date of January 16, 2009, which was during President Barack Obama’s first inauguration weekend in 2009.
This January has been so cold that a total of seven days this month have made the list of Washington Gas’ highest 25 ever natural gas usage days.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies