Washington Gas Sets Record Natural Gas Sendout
WGL Holdings and Washington Gas say that from 1 am on January 7 to 12:59 am on January 8, Washington Gas had a record daily sendout of 1.652 million dekatherms (dths) of natural gas, representing the total amount used by the company’s 1.1 million natural gas customers in the entire metropolitan Washington, DC, area. That level is 8,000 dths higher than the previous record date of January 16, 2009, which was during President Barack Obama’s first inauguration weekend in 2009.
This January has been so cold that a total of seven days this month have made the list of Washington Gas’ highest 25 ever natural gas usage days.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape