Water-Cooled Chiller Available with Adaptive Frequency Drive
Trane’s Optimus helical rotary water-cooled chiller is now available with the Trane Adaptive Frequency drive (AFD), which adjusts motor speed based on demand to reduce energy consumption.
The Optimus chillers have cooling capacities ranging from 150 to 430 tons, making them economical for commercial buildings, high-occupancy schools, hospitals and hotels.
The Optimus water-cooled chiller delivers up to 39 percent better energy efficiency than the ASHRAE 90.1 standard requires, according to Trane.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement