Water-Cooled Chiller Available with Adaptive Frequency Drive
Trane’s Optimus helical rotary water-cooled chiller is now available with the Trane Adaptive Frequency drive (AFD), which adjusts motor speed based on demand to reduce energy consumption.
The Optimus chillers have cooling capacities ranging from 150 to 430 tons, making them economical for commercial buildings, high-occupancy schools, hospitals and hotels.
The Optimus water-cooled chiller delivers up to 39 percent better energy efficiency than the ASHRAE 90.1 standard requires, according to Trane.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement