Water District Saves $523,000 in Annual Energy Costs
The East Valley Water District (EVWD) of Highland, Calif., is working with Honeywell on a combined energy conservation and automated demand response (ADR) program. When complete, the project is expected to reduce annual energy costs by $523,000.
The project will be financed through a 10-year, $4-million energy savings performance contract with Honeywell, allowing the water district to pay for the upgrades through the anticipated savings, which the company guarantees. The local electric company, Southern California Edison (SCE), will also provide a $500,000 rebate for the district’s involvement in the ADR program.
As part of the program, Honeywell will improve the district’s infrastructure by replacing older, inefficient water pumps with high-efficiency models and modifying pumping schedules so water reserves are replenished only during off-peak utility hours. The same controls that manage pumping schedules will be able to coordinate the ADR-related changes as well.
Honeywell will also upgrade outdated electrical switches and breakers at two facilities, and install an emergency generator at another to provide backup power in the event of a disruption.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room