Water District Saves $523,000 in Annual Energy Costs
The East Valley Water District (EVWD) of Highland, Calif., is working with Honeywell on a combined energy conservation and automated demand response (ADR) program. When complete, the project is expected to reduce annual energy costs by $523,000.
The project will be financed through a 10-year, $4-million energy savings performance contract with Honeywell, allowing the water district to pay for the upgrades through the anticipated savings, which the company guarantees. The local electric company, Southern California Edison (SCE), will also provide a $500,000 rebate for the district’s involvement in the ADR program.
As part of the program, Honeywell will improve the district’s infrastructure by replacing older, inefficient water pumps with high-efficiency models and modifying pumping schedules so water reserves are replenished only during off-peak utility hours. The same controls that manage pumping schedules will be able to coordinate the ADR-related changes as well.
Honeywell will also upgrade outdated electrical switches and breakers at two facilities, and install an emergency generator at another to provide backup power in the event of a disruption.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement