Water District Saves $523,000 in Annual Energy Costs
The East Valley Water District (EVWD) of Highland, Calif., is working with Honeywell on a combined energy conservation and automated demand response (ADR) program. When complete, the project is expected to reduce annual energy costs by $523,000.
The project will be financed through a 10-year, $4-million energy savings performance contract with Honeywell, allowing the water district to pay for the upgrades through the anticipated savings, which the company guarantees. The local electric company, Southern California Edison (SCE), will also provide a $500,000 rebate for the district’s involvement in the ADR program.
As part of the program, Honeywell will improve the district’s infrastructure by replacing older, inefficient water pumps with high-efficiency models and modifying pumping schedules so water reserves are replenished only during off-peak utility hours. The same controls that manage pumping schedules will be able to coordinate the ADR-related changes as well.
Honeywell will also upgrade outdated electrical switches and breakers at two facilities, and install an emergency generator at another to provide backup power in the event of a disruption.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing