Water District Saves $523,000 in Annual Energy Costs
The East Valley Water District (EVWD) of Highland, Calif., is working with Honeywell on a combined energy conservation and automated demand response (ADR) program. When complete, the project is expected to reduce annual energy costs by $523,000.
The project will be financed through a 10-year, $4-million energy savings performance contract with Honeywell, allowing the water district to pay for the upgrades through the anticipated savings, which the company guarantees. The local electric company, Southern California Edison (SCE), will also provide a $500,000 rebate for the district’s involvement in the ADR program.
As part of the program, Honeywell will improve the district’s infrastructure by replacing older, inefficient water pumps with high-efficiency models and modifying pumping schedules so water reserves are replenished only during off-peak utility hours. The same controls that manage pumping schedules will be able to coordinate the ADR-related changes as well.
Honeywell will also upgrade outdated electrical switches and breakers at two facilities, and install an emergency generator at another to provide backup power in the event of a disruption.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement