WegoWise Measurement Business Grows 77%
WegoWise says its measurement and verification business grew 77 percent in the last year and now measures energy savings for more than 2,100 building retrofits.
WegoWise automatically tracks and benchmarks utility use across building portfolios to identify the worst performers ripe for upgrades. The company’s measurement and verification services compares projected utility use against actual use, ensuring retrofits deliver expected savings.
Chinatown Community Development Center, a San Francisco affordable housing provider, recently partnered with WegoWise to measure and verify energy and water retrofits across its portfolio. Initially, Chinatown CDC staff used WegoWise to compare three buildings’ energy and water use before and after completion of retrofits. WegoWise determined that while the water retrofits had achieved the expected savings, energy retrofits were underperforming.
The project manager at Chinatown CDC said at one building the company replaced the domestic hot water heater and saw no change in the natural gas use. “This let us know that we had missed the mark on our retrofit, and that the true culprit for the building’s high gas use was the space heating system,” she said.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws