WegoWise Measurement Business Grows 77%
WegoWise says its measurement and verification business grew 77 percent in the last year and now measures energy savings for more than 2,100 building retrofits.
WegoWise automatically tracks and benchmarks utility use across building portfolios to identify the worst performers ripe for upgrades. The company’s measurement and verification services compares projected utility use against actual use, ensuring retrofits deliver expected savings.
Chinatown Community Development Center, a San Francisco affordable housing provider, recently partnered with WegoWise to measure and verify energy and water retrofits across its portfolio. Initially, Chinatown CDC staff used WegoWise to compare three buildings’ energy and water use before and after completion of retrofits. WegoWise determined that while the water retrofits had achieved the expected savings, energy retrofits were underperforming.
The project manager at Chinatown CDC said at one building the company replaced the domestic hot water heater and saw no change in the natural gas use. “This let us know that we had missed the mark on our retrofit, and that the true culprit for the building’s high gas use was the space heating system,” she said.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement