Weidt Group Wins 2 Contracts in Massachusetts
The Weidt Group, an energy analysis and consulting firm based in Minneapolis, has expanded into the Boston Metro area.
The firm will immediately bring its energy services to two project wins secured for the State of Massachusetts. One of the projects is for the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), where The Weidt Group will provide energy analysis on an existing terminal.
Additionally, The Weidt Group has partnered with the Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) and Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) to develop the “Building Asset Rating” (BAR) pilot project to develop and test new ways of assessing the energy performance of buildings using a standardized energy rating metric. Asset ratings gauge a building’s energy consumption through as-built characteristics, including insulation, windows, mechanical and electrical systems, among others. The Weidt Group’s thought leadership in this area will help further Massachusetts’ position as a state leading the country in energy efficiency efforts.
Chris Baker, business development leader of Energy Design Assistance for commercial new construction, will oversee the firm’s Boston operations as well as energy-efficient design efforts for the Massachusetts market.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- There’s Money in the Trash