Wells Fargo, 8point3 Enter PPA with California SD
Wells Fargo & Company and 8point3 Energy Partners said today that their joint venture has acquired solar power systems that are under construction for the Kern High School District in California. 8point3 is a joint venture of SunPower and First Solar.
The solar project will eventually produce 22 MW of DC power at 27 sites in the school district. Under a power purchase agreement (PPA), Wells Fargo and 8point3 will sell electricity to the district at competitive rates. The press release, citing The Solar Foundation, said that the project is the largest by any school district in the United States.
Last week, the state of New York announced that the New York Institute for Special Education in New York City would be the site of the state’s first K-Solar project. The project will receive free technical assistance and be eligible for about $65,000 in incentives.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy