Werner Enterprises Reduces HVAC Energy
Trucking company Werner Enterprises installed 29 Digi-RTU HVAC rooftop optimization kits from Bes-Tech at Werner’s corporate headquarters in Omaha, Neb.
With the optimization kits, the 29 installed units are expected to achieve a reduction of 565,000 kWh per year, or 51 percent, as well as a reduction of 9,200 Therms, or 17 percent.
In addition, the Omaha Public Power District provided a kW incentive for the 147 kW reduction in peak demand.
The Digi-RTU integrates with the existing economizer, modulates the supply fan, modulates the compressor speed, and regulates the indoor air CO2 level. By intercepting heating and cooling calls, the Digi-RTU’s patented technology manages the compressor and fan speeds to match the space load requirements.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future