WGES Buys Castlebridge Contracts
Washington Gas Energy Services has acquired all of Castlebridge Energy Group’s residential and small commercial electric and natural gas retail contracts.
Without service disruption, all contracts will transfer to Washington Gas Energy Services under the existing price and terms.
While customers’ contract price and terms will not change, these residential and small commercial customers will automatically receive 5 percent and 3.5 percent regional wind power, respectively, in their electricity supply, and 5 percent and 3.5 percent WGES CleanSteps Carbon Offsets, respectively, matched to their natural gas use.
In May, Washington, DC-based nonprofit organization Groundswell selected WGES renewable energy certificates for the current round of its Community Power Project, which enables local institutions in Washington, DC, and Maryland to apply their collective buying power to shift to wind energy while also reducing their costs. Groundswell facilitated a Community Power Project agreement with 23 houses of worship and three public charter schools that will each purchase 100 percent CleanSteps WindPower for their annual combined electricity load of about 10 million kWh.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity