WGES Buys Castlebridge Contracts
Washington Gas Energy Services has acquired all of Castlebridge Energy Group’s residential and small commercial electric and natural gas retail contracts.
Without service disruption, all contracts will transfer to Washington Gas Energy Services under the existing price and terms.
While customers’ contract price and terms will not change, these residential and small commercial customers will automatically receive 5 percent and 3.5 percent regional wind power, respectively, in their electricity supply, and 5 percent and 3.5 percent WGES CleanSteps Carbon Offsets, respectively, matched to their natural gas use.
In May, Washington, DC-based nonprofit organization Groundswell selected WGES renewable energy certificates for the current round of its Community Power Project, which enables local institutions in Washington, DC, and Maryland to apply their collective buying power to shift to wind energy while also reducing their costs. Groundswell facilitated a Community Power Project agreement with 23 houses of worship and three public charter schools that will each purchase 100 percent CleanSteps WindPower for their annual combined electricity load of about 10 million kWh.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide