Wholesale Food Supplier Installs 1.56 MW Solar
The Ross Solar Group completed a 1.56 MW rooftop solar installation for Jetro Cash and Carry at the company’s Hunts Point Restaurant Depot facility in the Bronx, NY. The system also integrates a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system that allows Con Edison to remotely monitor and control the system, helping to protect the utility’s customers from power outages such as those that occurred during Hurricane Sandy.
Jetro’s rooftop system is comprised of 4,760 SunPower solar panels and is expected to generate in excess of 1.8 million kWh per year. The solar system installation was made possible through awards that Ross Solar received from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) through Governor Cuomo’s NY-Sun initiative.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room