Wholesale Food Supplier Installs 1.56 MW Solar
The Ross Solar Group completed a 1.56 MW rooftop solar installation for Jetro Cash and Carry at the company’s Hunts Point Restaurant Depot facility in the Bronx, NY. The system also integrates a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system that allows Con Edison to remotely monitor and control the system, helping to protect the utility’s customers from power outages such as those that occurred during Hurricane Sandy.
Jetro’s rooftop system is comprised of 4,760 SunPower solar panels and is expected to generate in excess of 1.8 million kWh per year. The solar system installation was made possible through awards that Ross Solar received from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) through Governor Cuomo’s NY-Sun initiative.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection