Wholesaler and Retailer Team to Deliver Renewable Power to Businesses
Renewable Power Direct and Xoom Energy announced they have formed an alliance to provide commercial and industrial customers in a number of markets that are open for retail access – among them, the Texas, New England, and Mid Atlantic markets – with delivery options for up to 100 percent renewable electricity. Business customers in these markets will be able to contract for multiple years of service with volumes and pricing tailored to their specific needs.
Through the alliance, the two companies will exploit their complementary strengths – bringing together RPD’s wholesale platform with XOOM’s nationwide retail energy marketing services.
RPD, which is a FERC-authorized wholesale power marketer with headquarters in Washington, DC, supplies electricity directly sourced from local wind and solar generators to commercial and industrial customers. Business customers that want renewable power delivered to their facilities – not just Renewable Energy Certificates – now can engage RPD to source the wholesale supply; and Xoom to provide and manage the retail services, such as load following.
RPD will use its wholesale platform to balance the variable output of wind and solar supply, and provide a firm wholesale renewable electricity product to Xoom for redelivery to the customer. In turn, Huntersville, NC-based Xoom will use its retail expertise to ensure that the electricity supplied to each customer matches each facility’s needs. RPD also will provide Xoom, on behalf of the customer, with the environmental attributes (i.e., the RECs) associated with the renewable power that it supplies so that each customer can meet sustainability and greenhouse gas reporting requirements.
“The interest of corporate customers in buying renewables is definitely growing. We like the way RPD directly sources wholesale supply and provides customers with branding rights showing where their renewable power is actually generated,” said Xoom Energy CEO Tom Ulry, noting, “We see directly-sourced renewable energy as a growth opportunity in the retail energy space.”
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year