Wi-Fi EMS Fills Niche When Full-Scale EMS is Too Much
Cambridge Engineering now offers a Wi-Fi energy management system to provide two-way remote communication for real time monitoring and control of its direct gas-fired industrial space heating and make-up air heating systems. The Cambridge Internet enabled EMS is designed for heating warehouses, distribution centers and other industrial buildings where a thermostat is not enough and a full-scale automated building management system is too complex and expensive.
The Wi-Fi EMS offers secure wireless remote Internet access and live Internet weather feed, night setback recovery, flexible 7-day programming, 365-day scheduling, summer ventilation mode and remote computer monitoring on a web-based EMS portal.
Detailed information on the settings and operation of each direct gas-fired heater is available through the EMS portal. Information is provided for both building energy management and heating equipment maintenance. Email alerts help avoid costly downtime and unplanned service calls.
The Wi-Fi EMS interface board is factory installed and pre-tested in the Cambridge heater. Wi-Fi EMS retrofit kits are available for existing Cambridge direct-gas fired heating equipment in the field.
A recent column in Energy Manager Today explains how small automations can save money.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement