Wi-Fi EMS Fills Niche When Full-Scale EMS is Too Much
Cambridge Engineering now offers a Wi-Fi energy management system to provide two-way remote communication for real time monitoring and control of its direct gas-fired industrial space heating and make-up air heating systems. The Cambridge Internet enabled EMS is designed for heating warehouses, distribution centers and other industrial buildings where a thermostat is not enough and a full-scale automated building management system is too complex and expensive.
The Wi-Fi EMS offers secure wireless remote Internet access and live Internet weather feed, night setback recovery, flexible 7-day programming, 365-day scheduling, summer ventilation mode and remote computer monitoring on a web-based EMS portal.
Detailed information on the settings and operation of each direct gas-fired heater is available through the EMS portal. Information is provided for both building energy management and heating equipment maintenance. Email alerts help avoid costly downtime and unplanned service calls.
The Wi-Fi EMS interface board is factory installed and pre-tested in the Cambridge heater. Wi-Fi EMS retrofit kits are available for existing Cambridge direct-gas fired heating equipment in the field.
A recent column in Energy Manager Today explains how small automations can save money.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing