Wi-Fi Thermostat Manages HVAC for Restaurants, Retail Outlets
Energy management provider EnTouch Controls debuted its EnTouch Pro, a commercial thermostat tailored to restaurants, retail stores and other small business facilities.
With Wi-Fi networking and occupancy detection, the EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to adjust, monitor and detect HVAC issues from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
The EnTouch Pro works in commercial applications with or without Internet connectivity. When connected to the Internet, customers can remotely control the system and analyze data via the EnTouch Go cloud-based service. Through the EnTouch Go service, facility managers can monitor multiple facilities from one location and have access to customizable reporting features and automatic alerting of energy and maintenance issues.
The thermostat features a touchscreen display for setup and usage.
EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to limit heating and cooling set point adjustments by tenants and employees and works with motion sensors to detect occupancy and adjust settings for comfort and energy savings.
According to Energy Star, restaurants use about 2.5 times more energy per square foot than other commercial buildings and about 28 percent of that energy usage comes from HVAC. With the EnTouch Pro, restaurants, as well as retail stores, offices, schools, apartments and condos, can reduce HVAC usage with energy savings of up to 25 percent.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement