Wi-Fi Thermostat Manages HVAC for Restaurants, Retail Outlets
Energy management provider EnTouch Controls debuted its EnTouch Pro, a commercial thermostat tailored to restaurants, retail stores and other small business facilities.
With Wi-Fi networking and occupancy detection, the EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to adjust, monitor and detect HVAC issues from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
The EnTouch Pro works in commercial applications with or without Internet connectivity. When connected to the Internet, customers can remotely control the system and analyze data via the EnTouch Go cloud-based service. Through the EnTouch Go service, facility managers can monitor multiple facilities from one location and have access to customizable reporting features and automatic alerting of energy and maintenance issues.
The thermostat features a touchscreen display for setup and usage.
EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to limit heating and cooling set point adjustments by tenants and employees and works with motion sensors to detect occupancy and adjust settings for comfort and energy savings.
According to Energy Star, restaurants use about 2.5 times more energy per square foot than other commercial buildings and about 28 percent of that energy usage comes from HVAC. With the EnTouch Pro, restaurants, as well as retail stores, offices, schools, apartments and condos, can reduce HVAC usage with energy savings of up to 25 percent.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software