Wi-Fi Thermostat Manages HVAC for Restaurants, Retail Outlets
Energy management provider EnTouch Controls debuted its EnTouch Pro, a commercial thermostat tailored to restaurants, retail stores and other small business facilities.
With Wi-Fi networking and occupancy detection, the EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to adjust, monitor and detect HVAC issues from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
The EnTouch Pro works in commercial applications with or without Internet connectivity. When connected to the Internet, customers can remotely control the system and analyze data via the EnTouch Go cloud-based service. Through the EnTouch Go service, facility managers can monitor multiple facilities from one location and have access to customizable reporting features and automatic alerting of energy and maintenance issues.
The thermostat features a touchscreen display for setup and usage.
EnTouch Pro allows facility managers to limit heating and cooling set point adjustments by tenants and employees and works with motion sensors to detect occupancy and adjust settings for comfort and energy savings.
According to Energy Star, restaurants use about 2.5 times more energy per square foot than other commercial buildings and about 28 percent of that energy usage comes from HVAC. With the EnTouch Pro, restaurants, as well as retail stores, offices, schools, apartments and condos, can reduce HVAC usage with energy savings of up to 25 percent.
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems