WiFi Enables Energy Monitoring, Lighting Control
Aginova has launched a Sentinel product line of battery powered WiFi-based sensors for monitoring temperature, relative humidity and energy for myriad applications. The product packages include WiFi sensing hardware, a portable alarm unit, and software for monitoring, reporting and storing condition data over time.
Leveraging a company’s existing WiFi network, Aginova’s sensors allow authorized personnel to view precise data over enterprise-class security links and provide alerts in the event that environmental conditions vary beyond a specified range. The system can page, email and visually alert any computer screen whenever conditions are outside prescribed parameters.
Sensors in the Sentinel product line include temperature (monitored from -200C to +250C), relative humidity (0 percent to 100 percent), CO2 (0 to 20 percent), light, leak or wetness, and a series of energy monitoring sensors (Sentinel Plug and Sentinel Power to measure total energy consumption and power factor).
In other WiFi-related product news, Philips’ new web-enabled LED lighting system will be available at Apple stores October 30. Philips’ Hue enables consumers to control an LED light system wirelessly via an app on their smartphone or tablet.
A starter pack includes three LED bulbs that fit existing lamps, a bridge that is plugged into an existing WiFi router, along with the downloadable app. Philips’ Hue can:
- Save and recall favorite light scenes
- Tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light
- Create ambience with varied colors
- Control and monitor lights remotely
- Set timers
The app for Philips’ Hue also features LightRecipes: four pre-programmed lighting settings based on Philips’ research around the biological effects that lighting has on the body. These scenarios adjust bulbs to the optimum shade and brightness of white light to help people read, concentrate or energize.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management