Wind Installation Saves Kansas Telecom Thousands in Energy Costs
Northern Power Systems and BTI Energy are partnering to install multiple wind turbines across the United States. The latest Northern Power/BTI Energy installation has generated about 30,000 kWh for Kansas-based telecommunications company Golden Belt Communications (GBC) in its first month of operation, exceeding GBC’s expectations and saving the company more than $3,000 in energy expenses.
Northern Power’s NPS 100-24 turbine features an optimized rotor configuration, which allows for higher annual energy production and allows BTI Energy to install wind turbines at sites with lower wind speeds and historically lower electricity rates.
BTI Energy has installed more than 170 wind projects throughout North America.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles