Wind, Solar Power 2014 Super Bowl at Met Life Stadium
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is partnering with the NFL Environmental Program to provide green power for Super Bowl XLVIII, the first Super Bowl held in the New York-New Jersey metro region.
For every megawatt hour of electricity used to power the event, PSEG will purchase and retire one renewable energy credit (REC) on behalf of the Super Bowl. This will include the electricity used at Met Life Stadium, the AFC and NFC team hotels and Super Bowl Boulevard – the public event associated with the Super Bowl – located in Times Square in New York City.
PSEG’s REC purchase will include New Jersey solar renewable energy credits equal to a four-week output of PSE&G’s Kearny Solar Farm, a 3 MW-dc farm located near Met Life Stadium. The remaining RECs have been purchased from Community Energy, a certified Green-e Supplier, sourced from the Jersey – Atlantic City Wind Farm. PSEG, the parent company of PSE&G, is purchasing these RECs on behalf of Super Bowl XLVIII and the purchase will have no impact on New Jersey rate payers.
Last year’s Super Bowl in New Orleans was the stuff of nightmares for energy managers: The lights went out in the middle of the game and didn’t come back on for 35 minutes.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies