Wind, Solar Power 2014 Super Bowl at Met Life Stadium
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is partnering with the NFL Environmental Program to provide green power for Super Bowl XLVIII, the first Super Bowl held in the New York-New Jersey metro region.
For every megawatt hour of electricity used to power the event, PSEG will purchase and retire one renewable energy credit (REC) on behalf of the Super Bowl. This will include the electricity used at Met Life Stadium, the AFC and NFC team hotels and Super Bowl Boulevard – the public event associated with the Super Bowl – located in Times Square in New York City.
PSEG’s REC purchase will include New Jersey solar renewable energy credits equal to a four-week output of PSE&G’s Kearny Solar Farm, a 3 MW-dc farm located near Met Life Stadium. The remaining RECs have been purchased from Community Energy, a certified Green-e Supplier, sourced from the Jersey – Atlantic City Wind Farm. PSEG, the parent company of PSE&G, is purchasing these RECs on behalf of Super Bowl XLVIII and the purchase will have no impact on New Jersey rate payers.
Last year’s Super Bowl in New Orleans was the stuff of nightmares for energy managers: The lights went out in the middle of the game and didn’t come back on for 35 minutes.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement