Wausau Debuts Energy Efficient Windows
Wausau Window and Wall Systems is launching its INvent.PLUS Series windows, a line that meets European benchmarks for thermal performance and aligns with what the company calls the North American aesthetic for “clean style and narrow sightlines.”
The composite framing delivers R5 performance for operable units and R6 for fixed windows in a bid to support buildings’ goals for energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
The windows’ composite framing combines 55 percent engineered polymers and 45 percent aluminum extrusions by volume. The aluminum contains recycled content averaging 70 percent or greater, the company says. The 3-11/16-inch frame depth incorporates several new energy-saving features: custom-designed 44mm polyamide thermal barriers from Technoform Bautec, convective baffles and foam cavity fillers, combined and optimized using both European and North American finite element thermal modeling software tools, the company says.
Thermal performance, natural light, outside views, condensation resistance, low-emitting materials, durability and recycled content are all attributes of INvent.PLUS windows that may aid buildings seeking certification under such programs such as the US Green Building Council’s LEED Green Rating Systems, Wausau says.
Rated as American Architectural Manufacturers Association AW-100 Architectural Performance Class, the windows are tested for 0.10 cfm/sq ft air infiltration, 15 psf static and cyclical water resistance, and structural integrity. INvent.PLUS windows can achieve a condensation resistance factor as high as 83 per AAMA-1503 and a U-Factor as low as 0.16 BTU/hr.sq ft. ºF per the National Fenestration Ratings Council’s NFRC 100 standard. Sound Transmittance Class ratings of 34 to 41, and Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class ratings of 28 to 35, provide occupants with quiet interiors, which can be useful in health care and educational applications, the company says.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity