Windset Farms Flip Switch on 1 MW Solar Array
REC Solar activated a 1 MW solar energy system for Windset Farms, a greenhouse grower in Santa Barbara County, California.
REC Solar installed the 4,032-panel array on the roof of the farm’s shipping and packing building. The system was designed to maximize energy production and offset peak demand. REC Solar installed a custom racking system combining flush-mounted panels on the western roof face and southern-tilted panels on the eastern roof face to receive optimal sun exposure. The racking system does not penetrate the roof, which will minimize long-term maintenance costs.
The family-run, 128-acre facility grows many varieties of tomatoes and cucumbers for national retailers.
In addition to Windset Farms, REC Solar has installed solar systems for large and small growers throughout the state, including Pandol, Vignolo Farms, Castlerock Vineyards, Delano Growers, Peter Rabbit Farms and Amaral Ranches. The company recently acquired Stellar Energy and expanded operations in the agricultural market. REC Solar offers a streamlined PPA that simplifies the financing process to help farms and other businesses go solar with no money down.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future