Plug Load Device Allows Companies to Measure and Control Energy Use 24/7
Energy Systems Technologies Plug-IT remote plug load control device allows companies to measure and control energy use 24 hours a day across multiple buildings and time zones, thereby reducing energy consumption and costs, according to the company.
Companies can use their existing WiFi network to operate Plug-IT. The wireless device allows companies to measure and manage actual energy use at the plug load level, analyze the data to determine an optimal schedule and remotely program devices individually, in groups or by location.
Plug-IT works with the Niagara Framework software to allow connection of an unlimited number of smaller electrical devices, such as coffee makers, vending machines, photocopiers, computer displays, televisions and computers. The system also provides analytics based on a building’s plug load energy usage, which can help building engineers and end-users understand their energy consumption.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles