Wisconsin Energy Buys Integrys Energy for $9.1B
Wisconsin Energy and Integrys Energy Group have entered into a definitive agreement under which Wisconsin Energy will acquire Integrys in a transaction valued at $9.1 billion. The combined company will be named WEC Energy Group.
The combined Midwest company is projected to have a regulated rate base of $16.8 billion in 2015, serving more than 4.3 million total natural gas and electric customers across Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota, and operate nearly 71,000 miles of electric distribution lines and more than 44,000 miles of gas transmission and distribution lines.
The combination brings together Wisconsin Energy’s electric and gas utility – We Energies – and Integrys’ electric and gas utilities – Wisconsin Public Service, Peoples Gas, North Shore Gas, Minnesota Energy Resources and Michigan Gas Utilities.
WEC Energy Group will be headquartered in metropolitan Milwaukee with operating headquarters in Chicago, Green Bay and Milwaukee.
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation