Wisconsin Walmart Neighborhood Market Uses Cree LEDs
Walmart has selected energy-efficient LED lighting by Cree to illuminate its Neighborhood Market store in Mt. Pleasant, Wis.
Cree interior lighting products, including more than 400 CS18 LED linear luminaires, will fully illuminate the Neighborhood Market – from the sales floor and pharmacy to restrooms, vestibules and backroom areas. Cree LED lighting also will be installed in the parking lot and exterior areas of the store.
Walmart estimates the CS18 luminaires, designed for low maintenance and long life, will save the company about 30 percent in energy costs compared to interior fluorescent lighting.
Walmart’s deployment of Cree LED lighting will help the company achieve its sustainability goal to be supplied 100 percent by renewable energy. According to Walmart, the retailer used enough renewable energy last year to power 78,000 homes.
In December 2012, Walmart Canada announced it had retrofitted all of the overhead sales floor lighting at its Brampton North store in Brampton, Ontario, from conventional fluorescent lighting to LED 4-foot retrofit lamps, resulting in savings of up to $26,000 per year.
And earlier in 2012, Walmart announced a 3.3 MW solar installation atop its Buckeye distribution center near Phoenix, Ariz.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing