Wisconsin Walmart Neighborhood Market Uses Cree LEDs
Walmart has selected energy-efficient LED lighting by Cree to illuminate its Neighborhood Market store in Mt. Pleasant, Wis.
Cree interior lighting products, including more than 400 CS18 LED linear luminaires, will fully illuminate the Neighborhood Market – from the sales floor and pharmacy to restrooms, vestibules and backroom areas. Cree LED lighting also will be installed in the parking lot and exterior areas of the store.
Walmart estimates the CS18 luminaires, designed for low maintenance and long life, will save the company about 30 percent in energy costs compared to interior fluorescent lighting.
Walmart’s deployment of Cree LED lighting will help the company achieve its sustainability goal to be supplied 100 percent by renewable energy. According to Walmart, the retailer used enough renewable energy last year to power 78,000 homes.
In December 2012, Walmart Canada announced it had retrofitted all of the overhead sales floor lighting at its Brampton North store in Brampton, Ontario, from conventional fluorescent lighting to LED 4-foot retrofit lamps, resulting in savings of up to $26,000 per year.
And earlier in 2012, Walmart announced a 3.3 MW solar installation atop its Buckeye distribution center near Phoenix, Ariz.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity