Wisconsin Walmart Neighborhood Market Uses Cree LEDs
Walmart has selected energy-efficient LED lighting by Cree to illuminate its Neighborhood Market store in Mt. Pleasant, Wis.
Cree interior lighting products, including more than 400 CS18 LED linear luminaires, will fully illuminate the Neighborhood Market – from the sales floor and pharmacy to restrooms, vestibules and backroom areas. Cree LED lighting also will be installed in the parking lot and exterior areas of the store.
Walmart estimates the CS18 luminaires, designed for low maintenance and long life, will save the company about 30 percent in energy costs compared to interior fluorescent lighting.
Walmart’s deployment of Cree LED lighting will help the company achieve its sustainability goal to be supplied 100 percent by renewable energy. According to Walmart, the retailer used enough renewable energy last year to power 78,000 homes.
In December 2012, Walmart Canada announced it had retrofitted all of the overhead sales floor lighting at its Brampton North store in Brampton, Ontario, from conventional fluorescent lighting to LED 4-foot retrofit lamps, resulting in savings of up to $26,000 per year.
And earlier in 2012, Walmart announced a 3.3 MW solar installation atop its Buckeye distribution center near Phoenix, Ariz.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data