World Energy Named ‘Approved Contractor’ by Mass. Utility
World Energy Solutions has been selected by Western Massachusetts Electric Company (WMECo) as an approved contractor within its Project Expeditor energy efficiency program. The program is designed to help mid-size and large businesses with average monthly demand of over 300 kW to reduce energy costs through the implementation of energy efficiency measures.
World Energy is approved by the utility, which serves over 200,000 customers, to provide comprehensive energy conservation measures, including lighting, energy management systems, HVAC, retro-commissioning and installation of variable frequency drives (VFD). The cost of these efficiency projects is being supplemented directly by WMECo, with the utility offering up to 40 percent of the total cost of qualifying lighting and mechanical retrofits.
One such project, a $350,000 retrofit for a boarding school, has already been signed. The implementation will include energy efficient lighting, refrigeration, and VFD controls throughout the campus.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection