World Energy Trims Healthtrax Energy Costs by $1M
World Energy Solutions has helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives, according to the energy management services firm.
The regional health club operator expects to see the total savings over four years.
Beginning with a series of online auctions run for more than a dozen facilities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey and Rhode Island, World Energy was able to reduce Healthtrax’s energy supply cost by more than 20 percent. World Energy also has completed eight energy efficiency projects for Healthtrax across New England, saving nearly 1 million kWh annually.
World Energy says the project is one of its most comprehensive to date, combining multi-state, multi-facility electricity procurements via its online auction platform, the World Energy Exchange, with several energy efficiency projects, including the installation of new high-efficiency HVAC, lighting and energy management systems.
By working closely with utilities in Connecticut and Massachusetts, World Energy secured several hundred thousand dollars of efficiency incentives and low-interest financing for Healthtrax for the needed hardware.
For the four-year period 2008-2011, the six New England states spent $1.2 billion on energy efficiency, resulting in 3,502 GWh of energy saved, with an average annual reduction in electricity use of 876 GWh, according to ISO-New England.
The six New England States will spend $5.7 billion on energy efficiency measures between 2015-2021, ISO-New England told reporters in a briefing, YourMoney123 reports.
In September 2012, The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS/TAPS) selected World Energy as an approved energy services vendor for its members.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing