World Energy Trims Healthtrax Energy Costs by $1M
World Energy Solutions has helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives, according to the energy management services firm.
The regional health club operator expects to see the total savings over four years.
Beginning with a series of online auctions run for more than a dozen facilities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey and Rhode Island, World Energy was able to reduce Healthtrax’s energy supply cost by more than 20 percent. World Energy also has completed eight energy efficiency projects for Healthtrax across New England, saving nearly 1 million kWh annually.
World Energy says the project is one of its most comprehensive to date, combining multi-state, multi-facility electricity procurements via its online auction platform, the World Energy Exchange, with several energy efficiency projects, including the installation of new high-efficiency HVAC, lighting and energy management systems.
By working closely with utilities in Connecticut and Massachusetts, World Energy secured several hundred thousand dollars of efficiency incentives and low-interest financing for Healthtrax for the needed hardware.
For the four-year period 2008-2011, the six New England states spent $1.2 billion on energy efficiency, resulting in 3,502 GWh of energy saved, with an average annual reduction in electricity use of 876 GWh, according to ISO-New England.
The six New England States will spend $5.7 billion on energy efficiency measures between 2015-2021, ISO-New England told reporters in a briefing, YourMoney123 reports.
In September 2012, The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS/TAPS) selected World Energy as an approved energy services vendor for its members.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles