World Energy Trims Healthtrax Energy Costs by $1M
World Energy Solutions has helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives, according to the energy management services firm.
The regional health club operator expects to see the total savings over four years.
Beginning with a series of online auctions run for more than a dozen facilities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey and Rhode Island, World Energy was able to reduce Healthtrax’s energy supply cost by more than 20 percent. World Energy also has completed eight energy efficiency projects for Healthtrax across New England, saving nearly 1 million kWh annually.
World Energy says the project is one of its most comprehensive to date, combining multi-state, multi-facility electricity procurements via its online auction platform, the World Energy Exchange, with several energy efficiency projects, including the installation of new high-efficiency HVAC, lighting and energy management systems.
By working closely with utilities in Connecticut and Massachusetts, World Energy secured several hundred thousand dollars of efficiency incentives and low-interest financing for Healthtrax for the needed hardware.
For the four-year period 2008-2011, the six New England states spent $1.2 billion on energy efficiency, resulting in 3,502 GWh of energy saved, with an average annual reduction in electricity use of 876 GWh, according to ISO-New England.
The six New England States will spend $5.7 billion on energy efficiency measures between 2015-2021, ISO-New England told reporters in a briefing, YourMoney123 reports.
In September 2012, The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS/TAPS) selected World Energy as an approved energy services vendor for its members.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement