World’s Most Energy Efficient TVs Recognized
With televisions at least 33 percent more efficient than those with similar technologies, Samsung and LG took top awards at the first SEAD Global Efficiency Medal competition for flat-panel TVs.
The Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial, a high-level global forum launched by the Department of Energy and other leading governments in July 2010 to advance clean energy technology.
The first competition identifies the most energy efficient commercially available flat-panel televisions in the world – in three different sizes – and recognizes one television with the most energy efficient emerging technology.
SEAD Global Winners:
- Small-size (less than 29 in) winner: The Samsung UN26EH4000F.
- Medium-size (29 in. to less than 42 in.) winner: Two Samsung models tied; the UE40EH5000W and UN40EH5000F.
- Large-size (42 in. and above) winner: The LG 47LM670S.
- Global Emerging Technology winner: An LG 47-inch backlit LCD prototype TV. It will be commercially available worldwide within the next two years.
The commercially available winning products use 33 percent to 44 percent less energy than televisions with comparable technology. The emerging technology winner is 59 percent more efficient than comparable televisions on the market today.
If all TVs sold were as efficient as the SEAD award-winning models, more than 84 billion kWh of energy could be saved worldwide each year by 2020 – enough to power New York City for nearly a year and a half, according to the Collaborative Labeling and Appliance Standards Program.
SEAD will recognize the winning products at an international awards ceremony in early 2013 as part of the annual Clean Energy Ministerial meeting, taking place in New Delhi, India.
SEAD member governments are working with manufacturers, retailers, and other energy efficiency stakeholders to make it easy for consumers to identify these award-winning products.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity