WREA Offers Free Energy Monitoring Through PG&E
Nevada-based WREA released a platform for energy data monitoring, analysis and advanced diagnostics using Pacific Gas and Electric’s ShareMyData platform, granting access to more than 20 million Californians. Customers can obtain basic access, through WREA, for viewing their energy data for up to a week’s duration for free. Longer durations will need paid licenses.
Using PG&E’s ShareMyData platform, WREA’s service accesses energy data given in 15-minute segments.
Additionally, WREA Time supports PG&Es’ StreamMyData platform and other utilities’ platforms supporting the Zigbee standard for monitoring, analysis and management of energy, devices and facilities.
PG&E developed its Share My Data platform in response to a challenge by the White House to utility companies to provide customers with their energy usage information in an easy-to-use format. This initiative, also known as Green Button, makes customers’ detailed energy usage information available in a standardized file format, and is intended to empower customers by raising awareness of their energy usage.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year