Wuxi Suntech Declares Bankruptcy
Suntech Power Holdings’ Chinese subsidiary Wuxi Suntech Power Co. has declared bankruptcy.
The Wuxi Municipal Intermediate People’s Court in Jiangsu Province, China has formally accepted the petition for the insolvency and restructuring of Wuxi Suntech Power Co.
Wuxi Suntech manufactures photovoltaic (PV) cells and PV modules. The company last week defaulted on payments on $541 million-worth of bonds, reports Agence France-Presse.
This comes just days after parent company Suntech Power Holdings said it would close its sole US-based manufacturing plant in Goodyear, Ariz., citing import tariffs and a global oversupply of solar modules as the reasons. The solar panel facility will shutter on April 3, with 43 employees affected.
As for the Chinese bankruptcy, the company says the primary goal is to restructure Wuxi Suntech’s debt obligations, while continuing production and operations through the restructuring period. The court has appointed an administration committee, consisting of local government representatives and accounting and legal professionals, to administer the restructuring of Wuxi Suntech. Suntech says it and the administration committee are committed to maintaining all of Suntech’s product warranty obligations.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management