Wuxi Suntech Declares Bankruptcy
Suntech Power Holdings’ Chinese subsidiary Wuxi Suntech Power Co. has declared bankruptcy.
The Wuxi Municipal Intermediate People’s Court in Jiangsu Province, China has formally accepted the petition for the insolvency and restructuring of Wuxi Suntech Power Co.
Wuxi Suntech manufactures photovoltaic (PV) cells and PV modules. The company last week defaulted on payments on $541 million-worth of bonds, reports Agence France-Presse.
This comes just days after parent company Suntech Power Holdings said it would close its sole US-based manufacturing plant in Goodyear, Ariz., citing import tariffs and a global oversupply of solar modules as the reasons. The solar panel facility will shutter on April 3, with 43 employees affected.
As for the Chinese bankruptcy, the company says the primary goal is to restructure Wuxi Suntech’s debt obligations, while continuing production and operations through the restructuring period. The court has appointed an administration committee, consisting of local government representatives and accounting and legal professionals, to administer the restructuring of Wuxi Suntech. Suntech says it and the administration committee are committed to maintaining all of Suntech’s product warranty obligations.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement