Yacht Club Installs ‘Long Span’ Solar Carport
Solaire Generation’s Long Span 360 solar carport system was recently commissioned at the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, Mass., providing 253 kW.
The Long Span 360 spans two parallel parking rows as well as the internal drive aisle. The customizable design increases a parking lot’s solar capacity by 25 percent versus a traditional solar parking canopy, and can be built up to 110 feet wide with up to 70 foot column spacing, says Solaire.
The two carports are expected to generate over 275,000 kWh annually and have been equipped with electric vehicle charging stations and LED lights.
Industrial Roofing Companies of Lewiston, Maine, served as EPC and project developer. Solaire designed, fabricated and installed the canopies.
The installation will help Massachusetts’ goal of 1,600 MW of solar installations by 2020. Massachusetts recently became the fifth-ranked state in the country for total installed solar capacity, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data