Yacht Club Installs ‘Long Span’ Solar Carport
Solaire Generation’s Long Span 360 solar carport system was recently commissioned at the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, Mass., providing 253 kW.
The Long Span 360 spans two parallel parking rows as well as the internal drive aisle. The customizable design increases a parking lot’s solar capacity by 25 percent versus a traditional solar parking canopy, and can be built up to 110 feet wide with up to 70 foot column spacing, says Solaire.
The two carports are expected to generate over 275,000 kWh annually and have been equipped with electric vehicle charging stations and LED lights.
Industrial Roofing Companies of Lewiston, Maine, served as EPC and project developer. Solaire designed, fabricated and installed the canopies.
The installation will help Massachusetts’ goal of 1,600 MW of solar installations by 2020. Massachusetts recently became the fifth-ranked state in the country for total installed solar capacity, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies