Yacht Club Installs ‘Long Span’ Solar Carport
Solaire Generation’s Long Span 360 solar carport system was recently commissioned at the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, Mass., providing 253 kW.
The Long Span 360 spans two parallel parking rows as well as the internal drive aisle. The customizable design increases a parking lot’s solar capacity by 25 percent versus a traditional solar parking canopy, and can be built up to 110 feet wide with up to 70 foot column spacing, says Solaire.
The two carports are expected to generate over 275,000 kWh annually and have been equipped with electric vehicle charging stations and LED lights.
Industrial Roofing Companies of Lewiston, Maine, served as EPC and project developer. Solaire designed, fabricated and installed the canopies.
The installation will help Massachusetts’ goal of 1,600 MW of solar installations by 2020. Massachusetts recently became the fifth-ranked state in the country for total installed solar capacity, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement