Yahoo! Boosts Energy Efficiency 37% in Data Center
SynapSense, a provider of wireless monitoring and cooling control solutions, is working with Yahoo! to save 4.6 million kWh annually at Yahoo’s data center in Quincy, Wash. The companies are working together to reduce cooling costs, recover stranded cooling capacity and improve operational resiliency of the data center’s cooling infrastructure – reducing the cooling energy in the Yahoo data center by 37 percent.
The project consists of three phases. 1) The SynapSense Wireless Environmental Monitoring is deployed; 2) SynapSense Professional Services, in partnership with the Yahoo team, utilize SynapSense advanced tools and metrics to balance the airflow; and 3) SynapSense Active Control automatically maintains efficient operating conditions by dynamically matching cooling to the varying equipment and conditions in the data center.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement