Yahoo! Boosts Energy Efficiency 37% in Data Center
SynapSense, a provider of wireless monitoring and cooling control solutions, is working with Yahoo! to save 4.6 million kWh annually at Yahoo’s data center in Quincy, Wash. The companies are working together to reduce cooling costs, recover stranded cooling capacity and improve operational resiliency of the data center’s cooling infrastructure – reducing the cooling energy in the Yahoo data center by 37 percent.
The project consists of three phases. 1) The SynapSense Wireless Environmental Monitoring is deployed; 2) SynapSense Professional Services, in partnership with the Yahoo team, utilize SynapSense advanced tools and metrics to balance the airflow; and 3) SynapSense Active Control automatically maintains efficient operating conditions by dynamically matching cooling to the varying equipment and conditions in the data center.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies