Yahoo! Boosts Energy Efficiency 37% in Data Center
SynapSense, a provider of wireless monitoring and cooling control solutions, is working with Yahoo! to save 4.6 million kWh annually at Yahoo’s data center in Quincy, Wash. The companies are working together to reduce cooling costs, recover stranded cooling capacity and improve operational resiliency of the data center’s cooling infrastructure – reducing the cooling energy in the Yahoo data center by 37 percent.
The project consists of three phases. 1) The SynapSense Wireless Environmental Monitoring is deployed; 2) SynapSense Professional Services, in partnership with the Yahoo team, utilize SynapSense advanced tools and metrics to balance the airflow; and 3) SynapSense Active Control automatically maintains efficient operating conditions by dynamically matching cooling to the varying equipment and conditions in the data center.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex