Yahoo Signs PPA for Wind Energy
Wind farm developer OwnEnergy entered into a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) with Yahoo! under which Yahoo will purchase wind power to offset much of its energy usage in the Great Plains region.
OwnEnergy partners with local energy entrepreneurs across the country to develop wind projects. The local partners play an active role in project development and receive a share of project ownership in return.
The trend for corporate purchasers to buy wind from specific wind farms is gaining pace. For instance, last year Google agreed to purchase the entire output of the 240 MW Happy Hereford wind farm outside of Amarillo, Texas.
Photo: Wind farm via Shutterstock
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles